Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Time Out of the Bottle

Here's an odd thing about being unemployed: time. I used to have to keep track of it, allocating minutes to whichever project I picked up. I was constantly juggling, too; rarely had the pleasure of seeing one project through to completion before starting another one. Deadlines were stacked one on top of another and there was no downtime. Minding the clock was such a habit that now I have to stop myself sometimes from writing down how long I spent reading the N.Y. Times, how many minutes it took to get a glass of water, how many hours went by as I looked online for job opportunities. I actually have more time now that I don't have to monitor it.


During a lull, time can fritter away. During a lull, it's wise to develop new habits.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...