Sunday, July 31, 2011

I Thought I Saw A …

Quote maven Terri Guillemets says her “favorite weather is bird-chirping weather.” I’m with her there.

We’ve been a little lean on bird-chirping lately. Largely because the temperatures and humidity have been too high, but also because there’s no cover for winged guests near our building.

Thankfully, temperatures have dipped this morning to something below 80 degrees and a handful of sparrows have returned to our feeder for nourishment. As I was searching for art to post on Lull just now, an unusual movement darted into my peripheral vision. I turned toward the window and caught a blurred look at a hummingbird hovering above our window-box flowers.

Unfortunately, my glasses were in another room so I couldn’t decipher colors or species to share with you. But still … a hummingbird!

My day has started with a tiny burst of joy. I can’t ask for more.

I hope your version of joy calls on you soon.

[Art by studiobeerhorst.]

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...