Thursday, December 24, 2009

"You Say It's Your Birthday, It's My Birthday Too…"

Birthdays can be a lonely time for displaced workers whose work had been their entire world. No jokes about getting older, no birthday greetings or gifts, no free lunch.

But folks who have December holiday birthdays already know the routine. For years, their birthdays have come and gone without much fanfare. When you compete with Santa and Jesus for attention, the outcome is pretty clear.


Today is my birthday. But I'm not complaining. With Santa and Jesus, I feel like I'm in excellent company. And my family never cheated me out of gifts or attention. They even gave me a holiday-related name, which I plan to reveal in 2010—with your help.

Here's my birthday wish that YOU have the power to make come true:
Get more readers for Lull.

E-mail a favorite post (you just have to click on the envelope icon at the end of the post) or send them the URL to Lull's home page. Encourage them to be followers; be a follower yourself. I need to show visitors that people outside my inner circle are reading. And, by all means, please comment!

Once the audience expands, then I'll feel comfortable enough to discard my pseudonym and write under my own Christmasy name.


It's hard for me to ask for help, dear readers, but I really need it now. Help me be a new, authentic me in 2010.

1 comment:

roula said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...