Saturday, March 19, 2011

Obsessed with Animals

If you’re a longtime reader of Lull, you may have guessed by now that I’m pretty bonded to animals. Always have been.

But I want you to know I realize this puts me squarely in a minority, and I want you to know I have a sense of humor about it.

I happened upon a list called “You Know You’ve Been Doing Rescue Too Long When…,” and though I’m not a professional animal rescuer, I could certainly relate to some of the “faults” on the list. Here are a few:

You have a mental list of people you’d like to spay, neuter, or euthanize.

You stopped at a house with a “Free Puppies” sign in the yard to have an “educational chat,” and your family had to post your bail.

You absentmindedly pat people on the head or scratch them behind their ears.


You needed a prescription to recover from Old Yeller [not to mention every animal-related book I’ve checked out of the library this year!].

[Pic is Oliver, the Pygmy Hippo born recently in a Swedish zoo.]

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...