Thursday, March 3, 2011

Grief Brief

If you follow the reading lists posted on the far right of Lull, you may have noticed that I finished About Grief: Insights, Setbacks, Grace Notes, Taboos by Ron Marasco and Brian Shuff. I had to read it quickly because it was a short-loan from the library.

About Grief was a light read on a heavy subject. And though I didn’t learn anything new,* the book validated my recent feelings and behavior. I can think of a number of people who would benefit from reading About Grief—especially those who are experiencing an intimate loss for the first time, and those who are a little lean in the emotional intelligence department.

* One anecdote I hadn’t heard before was in a section presenting the contrasting views held of the body of the deceased and how to honor the life connected to it. Rolling Stone Keith Richards honored his father by blending some of the ashes with a leisure drug of choice and snorting the mix.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...