Friday, October 29, 2010

Crawling the Web

Someone is coming today to “fix” our Internet access. Of course, that someone was supposed to be here on Tuesday but didn’t show until well after the time range given to us. We had already gone. The company was good enough to provide a $20 credit for the tardiness.

When I called the first time, the fellow in tech support looked over our account and said, “Yes, I can see you’ve had sporadic-at-best signals for…oh…about a month now.”

I countered, “You’re right. And that’s exactly how long we’ve had your company’s service!”

At least we’re agreed that there’s a problem, I thought. Yet the customer service rep I talked to on Wednesday to reschedule the appointment said the tech fellow was wrong. “He shouldn’t have told you that.”

Right. If the truth will hurt, keep mum about it.

[The Gustav Klimt painting has nothing to do with this post except that it’s real purty here today and I resent having to sit inside.]

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...