Sunday, February 20, 2011

Space People Take One Small Step

ne of the books I recently released from my library was Corporate Mystic: A Guidebook for Visionaries with Their Feet on the Ground by Gay Hendricks and Kate Ludeman. In it, I noticed this quote from mythologist Joseph Campbell, which further encourages me to seek a quiet space:

“You must have a room, or a certain hour or so a day, where you don’t know what was in the newspaper that morning, you don’t know who your friends are, you don’t know what you owe anybody, you don’t know what anybody owes you.


This is a place where you can simply experience and bring forth what you are and what you might be.”


As I write this, my husband is setting up just such a space for himself in the basement of our apartment building. His space includes tools and molds and various materials necessary to create artworks. I’m delighted and relieved, for it means he’s beginning to separate himself from our many losses and look toward a future. It’s a wise and healthy move for anyone burdened by grief and hardships.


[Drop cap designed by Jessica Hische.]

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...